Small Business Energy Solutions
The Small Business Energy Solutions program, or “Retrofit” program, is designed for business customers with an average monthly demand of less than 200 kilowatts (kW) and operating aging and inefficient equipment. This program can help your business boost efficiency, save energy and save money all at the same time. Get the financial incentives and technical assistance you need to make your workplace more energy-efficient.
The energy efficient technologies that are available to replace your current equipment as part of this program include:
- Energy efficient fluorescent ballasts, lamps and fixtures
- Hard-wired and screw-in compact fluorescent systems
- High intensity discharge lighting systems
- Occupancy sensors
- Programmable thermostats
- Refrigeration controls, motors, and economizers.
PSNH offers two options for utilizing the rebates through this program:
PSNH provides a vendor/contractor who conducts your energy analysis and installs cost-effective lighting and refrigeration upgrades. This is our “turnkey” option, which includes:
- Payment up to a maximum of 50%* of labor and material costs for installation of identified energy-efficient measures.
- A lighting or refrigeration analysis at no cost. This analysis identifies opportunities for enhancing the energy efficiency of your business.
- A qualified energy contractor who provides you with a written proposal outlining the recommended energy-efficient improvements. This proposal will include a detailed explanation of each energy-efficient improvement identified, a review of projected energy and cost savings, and the estimated return on your investment. The contractor will also walk you through the retrofitting process and answer any technical questions you may have.
- A review by PSNH to ensure that the proposed project is cost-effective and appropriate for your facility.
- Installation of identified upgrades.
- A post-installation inspection by PSNH to verify that the equipment was installed and is working, and that the job was done to your satisfaction.
Note: We award these contracts via a bid process to ensure customers receive quality work at competitive prices.
Get Started with Option 1
- Complete our online request for information or contact a member of the Business Center Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm at 1-866-554-6025.
Your preferred contractor performs the installation:
- Prescriptive installations provide you with set rebates per fixture. PSNH performs before and after inspections and reviews equipment proposals to help you maximize energy savings.
- Custom rebates cover a percentage of your costs for energy efficiency upgrades. To qualify for rebates, custom projects must pass a benefit/cost test. For retrofit projects, the rebates cover either 35% of the installed cost, or the amount required to achieve a 1-year payback (whichever is less).
Get Started with Option 2
* Total reimbursements cannot exceed the customer’s incentive cap.