Dig Safe Program
“Call Before You Dig!”
Our underground environment can be a mesh of electrical wires and other utility pipes, sewer lines, and conduits. Never dig around your home or business without calling Dig Safe, first. Why call?
- Striking underground electrical wires, cables, pipelines, and other types of utility apparatus can be hazardous to you and others in the vicinity.
- Damaged underground utility lines require costly repairs.
- It is NH state law.
Dig Safe System, Inc. is a not-for-profit clearinghouse that works in conjunction with utility companies throughout New England to ensure digging safety and the integrity of underground utilities.
- Call Dig-Safe toll free, at 1-888-344-7233 (1-888-DIG-SAFE)
- In NH you are required to call a full three business days prior to the start of any digging project.
- Once notified, Dig Safe contacts member utilities to come to your site and mark underground utility wires, cables, and pipelines.
Visit the Dig Safe System website to learn more.